Recently

6 January 2018

I Wish For World Peace Reusable Bubble Bar Melt




Those who know me will know that I'm not one to be bowled over by glittery things, or pretty stars and unicorn horns and the like. While some people find magic in designs like the ones mentioned above, I am much more interested in the fragrance on offer; the way it makes my skin feel; and any ethical/political message that it's trying to convey.

Therefore, I probably did not feign the same excitement for I Wish For World Peace Reusable Bubble Bar Melt as some people might have done, once the pictures from the Lush Summit began to emerge. If anything, it was probably one of the products I was least excited about trying out. 

Containing both peppermint and spearmint oils, you might be surprised to know that this shimmery specimen is as minty as can be. While it doesn't offer a particularly strong aroma at all - part of the reason why I have rated this one quite lowly, the overall fragrance on offer here is definitely mint. 

Alongside the mint, there is a clear note of olibanum oil present here. This definitely helps to add some complexity to the aroma of the bubble bar - inducing a sultry, fruity and slightly woody scent to the mix. There is a danger in me saying that there is almost an orange-like aroma present from the olibanum, because I don't want people to get the impression that there is anything particularly citrusy about the smell of this. However, those who are in possession of one these should be able to recognise that the fruity note is slightly orange-like in the way it presents itself. 

There is also something 'green' about the smell of this bubble bar, which comes from the inclusion of the cypress oil. Yet despite the complexity of the three layers here, I don't want you to assume that the scent of this product is therefore strong and compelling. In fact, for a bubble bar that contains four very distinctive notes, it's disappointingly subtle.

In the bath, this bubble bar doesn't make much of an impression: losing its scent rather quickly and thwarted by the smell of every other product you use alongside it. While I will give credit where credit is due, and say that it left the bath water far softer than most of the other reusable bubble bars I have used from Lush, the water itself was colourless aside from a shimmer of gold that floated delicately on the surface.

I Wish For World Peace is definitely a bubble bar that I would couple with another bath bomb in future. While its scent isn't strong enough to offer me enough by itself, it would make a wonderful base for something like Intergalactic, and would work in the same way a bath melt works, albeit cheaper as this would last a good three to five baths.

Overall, this is not something I would rush out to buy again anytime soon. However, the name and the ethics behind it are enough to make me appreciate the sentiment that went into creating it. Fans of mint scents will sure appreciate another bath product to indulge, and those who love glitter will be all over it no matter what.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Perfume, Almond Oil, Cypress Oil, Olibanum Oil, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil, Water, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 61570, Colour 17200, Colour 19140, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £6.00 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP