Recently

12 January 2018

Coco Loco Shower Oil



While I have always loved coconut-smelling products, I have never gone above and beyond to seek out cosmetics with that particular fragrance. That was until I met my partner, who happens to be obsessed with all things coconut, and now I find myself sniffing everything that even so much as mentions the fruit in its ingredients list.   

When I discovered that Coco Loco Shower Oil contained both coconut cream and coconut flour, my mouth immediately began to salivate at the thought of how delicious it would smell on my skin, and this feeling only intensified when I finally had the solid block of perfection in my hands. 

Although there are a couple of shower oils I have yet to smell, this is by far my favourite of the ones I have been lucky enough to experience. And while it doesn't replicate the scent of Big Calm Shower Jelly perfectly, fans of this Kitchen exclusive will definitely be pleased to hear that it is very similar.

To my nose, this limited edition is a velvety-soft concoction of coconut cream and Brazilian orange oil. The former ingredient offers a smooth, creamy, decadent layer of nuttiness, while the orange and lemongrass oils add a delicate note of warm, fruity goodness to round it all off. Together they smell like a tropical paradise: a full-bodied cocktail that tantalises the tastebuds and makes you wish it was edible.

What I loved about Coco Loco was that it was so comforting for both my skin and my mindset whenever I used it. Like a warm blanket in the winter months, this shower oil coated my skim and left it incredibly soft and moisturised. At the same time, the fragrance lingered on my skin like a warm hug, and noticeably elevated my mood in doing so.

Unlike Cool Beans, this shower oil produced more of a milky residue on the skin, although it was just as effective at nourishing my body and equally as light as the other shower oils I have tested out so far. Furthermore, the ease in which this worked on my skin meant that I needed very little to coat my entire body - meaning that I envisage this lasting a long time in my bathroom. 

Much like every other shower oil, the best way of using this is to ensure your skin in damp and then gently massage the block across the skin. The warmth will melt the bar and coat your skin with a thin layer of butter and oils, which can then be massaged with your fingers to spread them across a bigger surface area. I would avoid putting too much pressure on these bars as you will waste a lot of the product in doing so. Avoiding direct contact with the running water will also ensure that this bar shrinks at a far slower pace - which means you can stretch out their lifespan far longer.

Unlike a body butter or a body conditioner, the residue you get from all of Lush's shower oils are far more gentle on the skin, making them perfect for those who dislike the heaviness that you can sometimes get from using either of the above formats. Yet despite this, the shower oils are equally as effective at moisturising the skin, and perhaps work out better value for money.

As I have said in all of my reviews of the shower oils so far, I am really impressed by how effective these new products are, and just how much usage you can get out of one little block. Coco Loco is definitely one that should be made a permanent: not only because it pertains a beautiful, creamy scent that I want to bathe in all day, but because it's perfect for me when I'm travelling. It not only serves as a brilliant replacement for a body lotion but it's environmentally friendly as well. Double whammy!

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sunflower Wax, Coconut Flour, Perfume, Coconut Cream, Brazilian Orange Oil, Coriander Seed Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Powdered Charcoal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


1 comment

  1. wow, its really looking good. First time i see this type of "Coco Loco Shower Oil" But its really amazing. Can you please guide me how can i buy.
    professional psychiatrist
    speech therapy dubai
    family psychologist

    ReplyDelete


UP