Recently

17 August 2017

Funny Face FUN Bar



Before the Lush Kitchen released both this and the popular Keep It Fluffy Bath Bomb earlier this year, I had read about this amazing scent family but had never had the privilege of trying anything out first hand. While I saw the potential in the bath bomb when it arrived, I wasn't particularly bowled over by its performance. For this reason, it wasn't until this little beauty came into my life that I was finally able to appreciate how incredible this fragrance is, and now I dream of getting my hands on a fresh bottle of the liquid perfume.

Funny Face FUN Bar first made an appearance at the Lush Summit event earlier this year - a product that was initially overlooked because of the excitement surrounding many of the other exclusives that had made themselves known at the same time. However, a little hype was enough to get the Lush community into a bit of a frenzy, and the product sold out very quickly in the Lush Kitchen a few weeks later.   

Containing both vanilla and jasmine, this limited edition FUN Bar has an aroma that is so beautifully delicate, that it is this very subtlety that makes it as exquisite as it is. Showcasing a sweet and rather musky floral scent, there is something rather innocent and child-like about this smell - yet one that also offers something that is quite old-fashioned - to my senses at least.
It's what I would describe as being a very light, feminine fragrance. The notes of vanilla and rose really compliment each other - producing a musky, almost powdery floral aroma that is as sweet as it is sensual. It's a very 'pink' smelling fragrance, and reminds me a little of the scent you get when using a powderpuff.

Despite the light, delicate floral smells, there is something very foody about it at times. Don't get me wrong: it's not a smell that tantalises your tastebuds - just one reminiscent of icing sugar and sweet things - a powdery collaboration of what you might expect an old jar of marshmallows to smell like, from an old-fashioned sweet shop.

Despite the subtly of the overall fragrance, I was really surprised to discover that the scent was robust enough to last on the skin. Furthermore, I was impressed that I could still smell remnants of the aroma a good while after I had exited the shower. While it wasn't exactly the most moisturising affair (none of the FUN bars can offer this much), it did leave me feeling soft and clean - perhaps a little more successfully than most soaps would.
  
As with all of Lush's FUN bars, you can use this one in replacement of a shower gel, bubble bar or shampoo. To create bubbles in your bath, simply break off the amount that you wish to use and hold it under the running water. If you're using it in the shower, take a small grape-sized piece, add a little water and lather between your hands. 
My only warning about Funny Face is that you have to ensure that the product is kept both cool and dry in between uses. In addition, you need to ensure that the bar is stored in a container if you wish to keep it in the bathroom. If left exposed, FUN Bars will sweat and melt, and leave a horrible mess all over the counter it's perched on.

Overall, this product has done nothing but intensify my cravings for either a perfume or a body lotion in this fragrance, and I only hope that Lush will satisfy these urges at some point in the near future. I also hope that this FUN Bar makes a reappearance as well, as I could happily buy a couple more to tide me over.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lemongrass oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellol.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Funny Face Fun Bar
Keep It Fluffy Bath Bomb
Keep It Fluffy Liquid Perfume

Love Birds Soap

No comments

Post a Comment


UP