Recently

6 June 2017

Smugglers Soul Solid Shampoo Bar



While I usually opt to use the limited edition perfumes that I own, there are a few regular-line ones that I always revert back to on occasions. Smuggler's Soul Liquid Perfume in my number one choice from Lush's extensive fragrance collection, and there has never been a time when I've used the perfume and not felt better afterwards. 

Initially, it was rather disappointing when Lush brought out their exclusive Father's Day range for the first time last year, and I discovered that the solid shampoo bar was labelled as vegetarian only. However, with a slight change of ingredients and an improved formula, 2017 has seen the seasonal product turn vegan, and we are all the better for it.

Described as being both poignant and smoky, Smugglers Soul Solid Shampoo Bar is a royal treat for the hair: a product that not only showcases one of the best smells in this format, but also works far better than a number of the regular bars in store.

Containing a combination of sandalwood, vetivert and tagetes, this limited edition is both sweet and sultry. The lemongrass not only offers the hair a shine that helps to bring out any natural highlights that your locks may possess, but it is also one of the key notes in the overall smell. In fact, it is the lemongrass that compliments the smoky elements of the sandalwood, and what also intertwines with the vetivert to give off a delicately sweet smell.

While I was a little confused at first by the inclusion of the watercress infusion, I have since learned that this ingredient is great for stimulating hair growth, and also helps to give this solid shampoo bar a very moisturising lather that softens, strengthens and repairs hair at the same time. 

You only need to stimulate this for a couple seconds for it to create an abundance of silky-soft lather to massage into your hair. In fact, I found that I only had to wet the product briefly for it to produce enough 'foam' to coat my whole head with. Once applied, I would leave it on for around five minutes before rinsing it out and using conditioner. 

Although I tend to use Avocado Cowash to add in moisture and keep my hair in tip-top condition, there were a few times when I opted to use Smugglers Soul Solid Shampoo by itself, and I found that my hair was just as smooth and manageable as it would have been after using conditioner. Despite there being nothing in the ingredients list that hinted at why this seasonal special was so effective in that manner, it was not something I was going to question.

What I loved about this shampoo was that I was firstly able to enjoy the wonderful smell of Smugglers Soul in the shower, albeit briefly. Although this scent unfortunately didn't seem to last once a conditioner had been applied, nor when used by itself, it was a fleeting luxury that made me wish that Lush would bring out a shower gel or jelly with the same fragrance.

My only qualm with this solid shampoo bar was the fact I felt as if it seemed to shrink a little quicker than other bars of its kind. If left to dry naturally, I noticed that the bar would be smaller the next time I went to wash my hair. For this reason, I would highly recommend that you pat it dry after use, to ensure you get the most out of it. 

Unfortunately, this bar does not stick around to become a regular member of my hair care routine. However, I have bought a few bars to see me through a good many months. For fans of Smugglers Soul, and indeed those who appreciate a good-quality shampoo, I would highly recommend that you give this one a go. I hope, for my hair's sake, that this makes a reappearance next Father's Day.     

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Watercress Infusion, Rosewood Oil, Sandalwood Oil,  Vetivert Oil, Tagetes Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Polyquaternium-88, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citral, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Colour 15510, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £7.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Smuggler's Soul Body Lotion
Smuggler's Soul Body Spray
Smuggler's Soul Facial Scrub
Smuggler's Soul Liquid Perfume
Smuggler's Soul Solid Perfume
Smugglers Soul Solid Shampoo Bar

Veerappen Moustache Wax


1 comment

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete


UP