Recently

18 June 2017

Love Apple Bubble Bar



In case you haven't picked up the subtle hints that I have been throwing out for a number of years now, I am very much in love with Lush. While I have been a collector of many things across the years, no other interest has held my attention for this length of time, and no other hobby has maintained the level of devotion that I have for this company. It is products such as this that reaffirm why I support and brandish Lush across social media on a daily basis, and why I am not even tempted to invest in other cosmetics outside of the brand.

Love Apple Bubble Bar is a product that hasn't seen the light of day in well over ten years - a bubble bar that I assumed would remain lost in the Lush vaults for eternity. An original B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful product, this limited edition gem has everything you could ask for: a strong, long-lasting fragrance; a wonderful, eye-catching design; and an ingredients list boasting enough oils to make this a perfectly moisturising experience.     
Sharing its scent with the Love family, including the popular Fizzbanger Bath Bomb, this Kitchen exclusive is a joy to behold from the word go. With lemongrass, jasmine, bergamot, rose and ylang ylang as  key notes, this is both a fruity and a floral experience - one that is as rich as it is refreshing, and definitely something that will satisfy those of you with a taste for something sweet.

At the forefront, my nose detects a robust, powerful burst of bergamot oil and lemongrass. These fresh and fruity ingredients offer a strong, almost 'tangy' thread of scent, while at the same time offering a burst of grassiness that makes this fragrance so special. It is not strictly a citrus smell at all - there is so much compacted into this aroma, that I can imagine some people might be a little overwhelmed with how much you get with each sniff.

Underneath this slightly tart aroma, both the jasmine and the rose absolute offer small, sweet bursts of floral - both of which round the scent of this together wonderfully, and create multiple layers to help build up the Love fragrance. There is definitely something quite heavy about this aroma, and it reminds me a little of the smell you get when peeling back the skin and rind of a citrus fruit, combined with subtle musky notes of floral to round the scent together. Finally, the inclusion of the cinnamon stick on top offers a very light sprinkle of warmth.
As if the smell isn't exquisite enough, Love Apple Bubble Bar works like a treat in the bath. You only have to squeeze it gently for it to crumble away, although this isn't to say that the product is going to fall apart in your hands if you don't want it to. While I chose to use the whole piece in a single bath, this could easily be divided across two or three baths, and it would still offer a scent strong enough to be detected for miles around.

Once crumbled under the running water, it doesn't take very long for the tub to fill up with light, fluffy, fragrant bubbles, and these bubbles tend to stick around for the most part of your bath. The water also turns a radiant pink colour, which elevates your mood somewhat and makes for an incredible experience. 

What I loved about this bubble bar was that the scent was strong enough to remain present for the full 50 minutes I was in the bath tub, as well as leave a gentle impression on the skin afterwards. It was strong enough that I could still detect it after using a variety of shower gels and scrubs. However, it wasn't so strong that it was smothering, like I find Fizzbanger can be at times.
Although the water wasn't as moisturising as the likes of The Brightside and Sunflower Bubble Bar, it was still really impressive. My skin felt soft and radiant after getting out of the bath, and I definitely noticed an improvement to what my skin was like before I got in. 

While I tend to take less baths in the summer months, merely because I rely on cold showers, this is definitely a product that I would use if I was going to have one. It's light and juicy in scent, and offers a radiant experience that mirrors the warmer weather outside. Another amazing release from the Lush Kitchen for sure. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, *Glycerine, Perfume, Lemongrass Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Bergamot Oil, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Oak Moss Extract, Coumarin, Chlorophyllin, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Cinnamon Stick, Kaffir Lime Leaf.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: ?





No comments

Post a Comment


UP