Recently

11 September 2016

Tramp Shower Jelly



There are some fragrances that I could use each and every day and I would never grow tired of their smell; there are others that I can only use during certain seasons, times of the day or on the odd occasion when I'm craving it. Tramp is one of the smells that fits into the latter category - a scent that I can go months, if not years without, only to awaken one day with an overpowering hankering for it.

Back when I tried the original Tramp Shower Gel for the first time, I found the scent far too overpowering. It's one that inspires a reaction from the person using it, and I was simply not at a stage in my life where I could appreciate the complexity and the unique elements that went into making this cult classic. However, after the release of the perfume last December, I have come to appreciate the fragrance a little more and can now go as far as to say that I genuinely enjoy using it when the moment suits me.

When the Lush announced that Tramp Shower Jelly was going to be released for the first time in the Lush Kitchen, I can't say that I was particularly excited about the announcement  - more intrigued to see the design and whether it matched the aroma of the shower gel as closely as I was expecting it to. While it was my least favourite release of the week, it did indeed live up to the expectations I had set and I am confident that fans of the scent family will be equally as thrilled by its renovation. 

Upon arrival, I was greeted with a shower jelly almost identical in colour to that of its older sibling. While I find the shower gel a little darker and richer in colour, the two products are similar enough to keep Tramp fans happy. In pictures and up close, the jelly could almost fool you as being a shade of black. However, once out of the tub, you get a natural mossy green colour that suits the smell incredibly well.


Although the white horehound infusion is further down the ingredients list than it is in the shower gel, the initial fragrance you experience upon removing the lid is exactly what you'd expect Tramp to offer - a sweet but dry aroma that transports you to the deepest, darkest parts of an overgrown forest.

Containing both patchouli and oakmoss, this shower gel offers a damp, grassy and very earthy smell, with a slight spiciness for an underbite - one that Lush describes as being like walking through the woods or bathing in a woodland waterfall. To me, the smell reminds me of a forest floor after it's been raining - the damp earth giving off a musty component while the patchouli brings through a subtle but uplifting sweetness that elevates the smell just enough to give it definition and complexity.

These components continue to shine when in use and I found that the heat of the warm water brought out all three of the aforementioned ingredients - engulfing the user in the shower with all of the key elements that make this shower jelly so unique. It was like a warm blanket that left me feeling really grounded but with clarity to start my day off well. 

As I had been using other shower jellies before this one arrived, I was able to compare its usatility in the shower and was impressed to discover that it was a very generous latherer. I only had to wet the jelly a little before massaging it between my palms and I found that Tramp immediately began to produce a light, frothy foam.

While there are many ways in which you can use Lush's jellies, I always opt to break off a smaller piece and massage this into a loofah or sponge. This tends to heed the most generous amount of lather for me and Tramp was no exception. I was able to wash my entire body and my piece had barely shrunk at all by the end of it, leaving me to believe that the 240g tub would easily last me longer than a 250g bottle of the gel.

Furthermore, Tramp was really strong and robust when in use - engulfing the entire bathroom with a smell of wet moss and earth, and leaving a gentle spicy smell on my skin afterwards. The shower jelly was also really moisturising - the inclusion of carrageenan extract seeing to it that your body gets a full pampering when using this against the skin.

Overall, this shower jelly is everything you'd imagine Tramp Shower Jelly to be and fans of the shower gel will have another toy to play with to get their fix. It's fragrant, moisturising and works extremely well - the only downside being that it's not my favourite fragrance at all.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Balm Infusion, White Horehound Infusion, Carrageenan Extract, Patchouli Oil, Oakmoss Absolute, *Eugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Perfume, Chlorophyll.


Vegan?: Yes.


2016 Price: £7.95 for 240g. 


Year Of Original Release: 2016.


Scent Family:
Tramp Body Lotion
Tramp Liquid Perfume
Tramp Shower Gel
Tramp Shower Jelly

Tramp Solid Perfume


3 comments

  1. Love your reviews. Only regret not getting the shower gel too when I had the chance...forgot how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It'll be back before you know it - it usually appears every few months in the Kitchen :)

      Delete


UP