Recently

23 February 2016

Down The Rabbit Hole Bubble Bar




Aesthetically pleasing to the eye, with a miscellany of colourful swirls to garnish its exterior, Down The Rabbit Hole is what most Lush fans would call the 'perfect bubble bar'. Epitomising the company with its bright, fun and rather exciting design, this limited release represents the approaching spring time wonderfully - the promise of fresh, fruity fragrances and newly sprung colonies of flowers.

While its diameter would almost equal that of The Comforter, it is thinner in size - a bar that will easily offer you two luxurious baths, or 3 - 4 if you're looking for a slightly more reserved experience. However you choose to use this unique product, you can be assured that it'll be the perfect remedy after a long day's work.

When I heard that this bar was supposed to share its scent with Layer Cake Soap, I was far too excited than you would expect a normal person to be about a bubble bar. One of my favourite soaps from the original Oxford Street exclusive catalogue, the idea of a bath product with as much zest and fruity goodness, was enough to send me into a frenzy.

Unfortunately, while I do really like the smell of Down The Rabbit Hole, and I can see the resemblance between the two products, I wouldn't say that the fragrance has been replicated perfectly, or as well as I was expecting it to at the very least.

Firstly, the aroma of the bubble bar is surprisingly subtle. Not only would you expect a bubble bar so vivid to possess a far stronger fragrance, but Lush products in general tend to be more potent than other brands, and this was simply not the case with this particular release. If you enjoy gentle scents, and find that Lush can sometimes be a little too overpowering, this might appeal to you; If, like me, you prefer the more powerful aromas, you might be slightly disappointed.

Occasionally I find myself struggling to describe the scent of a product, and this was one of those incidents to begin with, hence why I haven't reviewed it until now. To my nose, this product has elements of raspberry, orange and lemon in it - a smell that blends so closely together that it's hard to really decipher and pick out the different components by themselves.
The fragrance is quite a thick and almost 'cloudy' one - one that seems heavy and compressed, but as I said above, not very potent. The smell almost gives you the impression that the fragrances have come from dried fruit as opposed to fresh fruit, and together they remind me a little of mixed fruit cordial. Unfortunately, the bubble bar was far from the zesty, uplifting experience that the soap offered me - instead giving off much more of a sweet, comforting and fruity aroma.

Aside from its smell, Down The Rabbit Hole is fairly easy to crumble under the water, and half a bar will heed enough bubbles to give you an all-round comforting experience. The bar will turn your water a vivid orange colour and will soften your bath water as you would expect any of Lush's bubble bars to do so. It definitely doesn't stand out as being overly moisturising, but it'll leave you with lovely soft skin afterwards. The scent itself, although 'quieter' than other products, remained detectable throughout the experience, and you'll leave the tub with a gentle aroma to carry around with you for a short while.

Overall, this is a lovely addition to the Lush family, and I can see this being a favourite for many of those who cannot get enough of the brand's more fruity fragrances. I for one enjoyed the fact that this featured a new smell in a bath format, and I did feel very contented once I had left the bath. However, I do feel slightly underwhelmed with how beautiful the design is compared to the complexity of the aroma, and I do feel as if the Layer Cake scent was not as impressive as it was in the soap format. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Brazilian Orange Oil, Limonene, Snowflake Lustre,

Vegan?: Yes. 

2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016. 



No comments

Post a Comment


UP