Recently

13 October 2015

Temple Of Truth Bubble Bar



Sometimes I don't have to know what a product smells like to get excited by its release - the name alone or the design will be enough to get my heart racing and my wallet groaning at the foreseeable onslaught that's about to happen. When it came to this particular product, this is exactly what happened. 

Whether it was the fact that this gorgeous mountain-shaped beauty has rarely seen the light of day since it was discontinued back in 2006, or whether it was the vivid shade of blue that the bubble bar sported upon arrival, Temple Of Truth had me excited from the word go, and with good reason.

Designed to relieve tension, unravel cluttered minds and help you to gain clarity in your busy existence, this limited edition bar contains an impressive amount of oils to help you not only inject some much needed moisture into your weathered pores, but to relax and unwind your thoughts at the same time. Originally blue, this retro bubble bar was also released in a shade of white back in the day - a response from Lush after some of their consumers asked for a bar to be made without the colourants.  

Containing a combination of sandalwood, rosewood and guiacwood oil, this bubble bar has a defined, multi-layered but very gentle aroma - the perfect companion to enjoy before bed. Having not heard of the latter ingredient, I did a little research and discovered that it is derived from the bark of an exotic tree called the Guayacan. This unique ingredient offers a gentle woody aroma that has an almost sweet-honeyed element to it - adding a subtle smoky, earthy note unlike any of the other ingredients present. In fact, it is this latter component that offers the strongest layer of the scent here.    

Despite being described as an 'incensey' scent in many of the reviews that I have come across, I didn't get this impression at all when I used this in the tub. While I could detect a gentle dried wood aroma from the inclusion of the sandalwood, the overall fragrance was more of a subtle floral, musky scent - very similar to Christmas Eve Bubble Bar in that sense. The scent is very light and very clean smelling - one that is equally refreshing as it is comforting.     

As you can see from my video, it's very easy to crumble this bubble bar and it doesn't take long for the thick, foamy bubbles to form and multiply across the tub. As I was feeling greedy that particular day, I used the whole bubble bar to create one extremely luxurious bath - crumbling the soft bar under the running water and watching it work its magic in the tub.  

The water turned a beautiful bright blue colour - adding it is allure as it filled the tub with a mass of silky, soft bubbles. The various oils used here really soften and moisturise your skin whilst you're in the tub, and I found that the sweet, woody but well-rounded scent remained on my skin for hours after I had exited the bath.


While the overall fragrance was not the strongest I've experienced in the tub, it was powerful enough that I could detect it while I was submerged under the water. Furthermore, I was able to enjoy the strange floral aroma overtime I went into my bathroom for the rest of the day. 

Lush state that 'if you’re searching for answers to questions you’re yet to ask yourself', this bubble bar will 'bring clarity to your mind in the temple of truth.' While the scent of Temple Of Truth is not as potent as I usually prefer and not my favourite aroma from Lush, it still offered a wonderfully wholesome, relaxing experience that made me wish I had a few more to enjoy over the winter months. A great alternative to the likes of Twilight and Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Titanium Dioxide Sandalwood Oil, Guiacwood Oil, Rosewood Oil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Lilial, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.75 each.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.


Year Of Original Release: 2005.






No comments

Post a Comment


UP