Recently

28 June 2015

Wash You Were Here Washcard


It's times like these when I wish my gut-instinct was far stronger than my compelling need to own everything Lush-related. Despite finding the Don't Rain On My Parade Shower Sheet to be nothing more than a mere novelty, I still found myself picking up the other variations when I next visited the store.

One of two 'wash cards', Wash You Were Here is smaller than the shower sheets and comes in at the size of a postcard, hence the name. Aside from the different fragrances that each of these paper gels offer, the size seems to be the only main difference between the sheet and the card. 

As with all of Lush's new innovative shower sheets, this product is made from a combination of dried honeydew melon and an array of essential oils. Simply tear off a small piece (about the size of the circumference of one of Lush's solid perfume tins) and add a little water to the mix. The sheet will foam up rather quickly and produce a creamy lather that can then be massaged across the body.

Containing bergamot, lemon and mandarin oils, this wash card has a wonderfully light, refreshing but very comforting citrus aroma - one with a powdery, decadent element as well. While I recognised the scent from the get-go, it took me a few uses to realise that this product shares its scent with the popular Olive Branch Shower Gel

Although not a straightforward replica, fans of this fragrance family will no doubt this product as it is far more creamier and richer than previous incarnations have offered. Furthermore, as the gel is is known for its thin and very runny consistency, I thought that the sheet actually offered more longevity than a 100g bottle of the shower gel would. For this reason, I would be tempted to buy a few more of these in the near future instead of the usual shower gel.

Much like my first experience, I was initially concerned with the £4.95 price tag that this wash card comes in at. Although it's far cheaper than the shower sheets, it's still quite expensive for what is ultimately a thin slice of melon. Priced up the same as a 100g bottle of the shower gel, I was expecting Wash You Were Here Shower to be either reusable or resilient to water so it would have a longer shelf life in my bathroom. Unfortunately, I found that once the product got wet, it disintegrated rather quickly and there was no way I would have been able to reuse the piece I had taken into the shower with me. While it definitely had more to offer than the DROMP variation, it was still a short-lived experience. 

Having said this, the foam was easy to use and offered me a wonderful, fragrant cream that left a really strong impression on my skin. I was pleased to find that I could still smell this some four hours after I had left the shower and I even picked up whiffs of the smell throughout the day. While on the surface this card seems on par with the other releases, I think this particular one has far more promise than I was initially expecting. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Honeydew Melon Pulp, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Cellulose, Bergamot Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Mandarin Oil, DRF Alcohol, Lilial, Citral, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 42053, Colour 77499, Colour 47005.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £4.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
The Christmas Penguin bubble Bar
Happy Pill Ballistic 
The Olive Branch Bath Bomb
The Olive Branch Body Lotion
The Olive Branch Body Spray
The Olive Branch Liquid Perfume
The Olive Branch Naked Shower Gel
The Olive Branch Shower Gel
Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar
Wash You Were Here Wash Card

6 comments

  1. This doesn't look hand-made,but I haven't seen it yet,do you think it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon so as they do look a little 'DIY' when lined up in the shop. I reckon they press the ingredients together and then roll them flat or something. I'd be interested to know!

      Delete
  2. Tried it today, and by your suggestion divided it into pieces, 12 altogether. I did not expect it to hold up, but to my surprise it did! Might be the different way of using it, I rubbed it over wet skin, away from shower spray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried it today, and by your suggestion divided it into pieces, 12 altogether. I did not expect it to hold up, but to my surprise it did! Might be the different way of using it, I rubbed it over wet skin, away from shower spray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative Blog about Rybnik Residential and Services Building. We are top interiors designer in hyderabad. The information shared in the blog was very useful. Thank you for sharing.
    plumbing services in Islamabad,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take a deep breath in and slowly let it out. Does that feel refreshing? Now, imagine being able to do that every time you step into the shower. MOXĒ's Shower Spray is here to make that a reality. Not only does it help combat everyday congestion, but it's also earth-friendly and natural. You can feel good about using a product that's good for you and the environment. Aromatherapy isn't just about smelling good, it's about feeling good too. And with MOXĒ, you can feel good knowing that you're improving your mind, body, and soul. Plus, they're made in the USA and cruelty-free. So, what are you waiting for? Shop now and experience the difference for yourself.

    ReplyDelete


UP