Recently

28 May 2015

You've Been Mangoed Bath Oil


I didn't quite know how I felt about the fact that this bath oil was supposed to be replacing the You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt that had been a staple in my life for as far back as I could remember. While change is normally always a positive thing, in this case I was rather worried that my baths would no longer be the same without my reliable orange block of oils and butters. 

As it happened, You've Been Mangoed Bath Oil was everything I could have asked for and more - a product that surprised me with just how much of an impact it had on the water, despite it being almost two-thirds smaller than the original melt. 

As with all of Lush's new bath oils, I was really worried that for such a small melt, I might have to use multiple balls to get the desired effect on my skin and senses. However, this bath oil went above and beyond what I was expecting, and not only produced a really nourishing experience but one that blew me away in terms of how strong its fragrance was and how smooth it left my body feeling afterwards. 
Much like its older sibling, this bath oil smells nothing like mango. Instead it possesses a strong citrus, almost sour zesty scent. This is not surprising as Lush have packed it full of lemon, lime and lemongrass to give it that sweet and rather sharp fragrance. 

You've Been Mangoed also contains avocado, mango and cocoa butters - all rich in antioxidants which help to heal and condition skin; mango butter softens the skin without leaving it greasy, helping to moisturise, lubricate and repair damaged skin without clogging the pores; avocado butter helps to rehydrate the skin, soothing the upper layers of skin and healing dry, cracked, ageing and peeling skin. Alongside cocoa butter, which soothes itchy and irritated skin, this bath oil is a powerhouse of ingredients and packs a real punch in the tub. 

When dropped into a hot bath, this small bug-like oil immediately begins to melt - distributing thick, green puddles of fragrant oil across the surface of the water. At the same time, the bronze lustre that decorates the product bleeds into the bath as well - creating a very subtle but rather lovely glimmer of colour in the water. 
This is rather a slow melting bath oil so it may be worth you climbing into the tub while it's working its magic, and while it may not look like much once the product has completely dissolved, you can definitely feel the softness of the water on your skin. I was amazed at how instantly moisturised I felt after submerging myself under the water - it's incredibly powerful for something that weighs a mere 10g. 

What I loved about this bath oil is that you didn't have to cut it into pieces or use more than one to get the desired result. Lush have obviously spent quite a bit of time experimenting with the size of these melts in order to find to offer the perfect amount of product to match your bathing needs. Unlike the original Luxury Bath Melt, this one doesn't leave doesn't feel greasy in the tub and won't leave you with excess oils that stain the bath or coat your skin necessarily. 

As you soak, these oils are moisturising and repairing your body, leaving your skin feeling velvety soft and refreshed. When you exit the bath,you can really feel how smooth and silky your skin is; I love the way that this oil makes my skin feel! 

Although I do feel as if it's not as good value for money as the original melt, You've Been Mangoed Bath Oil is a wonderful addition to the bath oil family and makes the perfect accompaniment for those who want a fresh and uplifting bathing experience to not only invigorate the senses but to improve the condition of their skin at the same time. I will definitely stock up on these when I make my next visit to the store.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, Perfume, Almond Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Avocado Butter, Mango Butter, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Paprika Extract.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt



No comments

Post a Comment


UP