Recently

18 April 2015

Lemon Days & Ginger Beer Bath Bomb



Inspired by the wonderful world of Enid Blyton, Lemon Days & Ginger Beer Bath Bomb conjures up images of picnics on the beach and warm, lazy days basking under the sun; it's a bath bomb that invigorates and uplifts your mood before it's even had a chance to perform in the bath. It's a universal ballistic that can be used to enhance those hot summer days, or bring clarity to the weathered minds of those who have forgotten what it's like to feel the heat on their bare skin. 

Made from a combination of lemon peel, mandarin and geranium oils, this is a spicy, floral and slightly zesty offering from Lush. As the name suggests, this is a ballistic that features lemon and ginger heavily in it's scent - something that I was both intrigued and concerned by. 

Having not previously researched much about this bath bomb at all, I was disappointed to discover that it shared its scent with the Ginger range - a fact that made me slightly hesitant to try it at all. Unfortunately, I have not liked anything with this fragrance so far, so I was expecting to experience the same disappointment that I have done so with all of the other products I have tried so far. 

Initially, the fragrance I picked up from this ballistic was dominated by the ginger; I could smell next to no lemon at all when the bath bomb was in the wrapper. Underneath this, I could detect a hint of floral shell, which did remove the natural spicy potency that I dislike about ginger but didn't mask it completely. Together, these smells gave the bath bomb a very warm and comforting, yet strangely refreshing fragrance - one that wouldn't be out of place in spring, summer, autumn or winter. Despite this, I was still not bowled over at all - that was until I placed the ballistic in the water. 

In the bath, Lemon Days & Ginger Beer is a fast and rather noisy fizzer; bobbing across the surface whilst unleashing a fury of bright yellow streams that disperse themselves throughout the water very quickly. This is a bath bomb that doesn't take long to dissolve, and once it's fully dispersed in the tub, you're left with a rather vivid sea of sunflower-yellow water - a factor that really helps to revive your mood and refreshen your senses. 

Not only is it a beautiful summery shade of yellow, but the properties of the water itself is perhaps what makes this bath bomb really impressive. Packed full of fresh ingredients, this is a ballistic that not only uplifts your senses, but softens and cleanses your skin as well. The addition of different oils - mimosa absolute and geranium oil in particular, gives this bath bomb the power to help tone and tighten skin. 

Within seconds of climbing into the bath, I could feel just how silky-soft the water really was. There are very few ballistics that I have tried that have been this softening on my skin, let alone any that have felt so incredible to be bathing in. Lemons Days And Ginger Beer makes the water feel thicker - almost like you are bathing in liquid gold. While Lush's bath melts give the same nourishing properties as this bath bomb promises, not one of them creates water as creamy and as velvety as this product does.

Furthermore, once I was in the tub, I began to pick up the lemon scent that had been missing to begin with. Although the use of fresh ginger and ginger oil gives the bath bomb a spicy kick to stimulate and warm the skin with, the citrus elements of this product come through a lot more once it's come into contact with the hot water. This meant that I actually really like the scent when I was in the tub.

Although I was initially worried by the addition of ginger, (It gets my vote for worst-smelling herb ever) this wasn't as prominent in the mix as I was expecting. Although it was at the forefront alongside the lemon to begin with, once the bath bomb had fully dissolved the scent somewhat mellowed, and I could only detect the odd spicy remnants, which was lovely. 

The addition of so many different oils in this ballistic meant that the entire experience left my skin feeling lovely and soft. Furthermore, the scent lingered on my skin for a while after my bath, and as the day went on this smell transpired into a beautiful light scent of lemon peel. Although I wouldn't claim this to be anywhere near my favourite ballistic, it was an enjoyable experience and one I'd like to try again. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lemon Peel (Citrus limonum), Powdered Ginger (Zingiber officinalis), Perfume, Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinalis), Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Red Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Geranium Oil (Pelargonium crispum), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.75 each.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2004.


Scent Family:
Badass Gel Shower Gel
Boo Bath Melt and Bubble Bar
Ginger Bath Oil
Ginger Body Lotion
Ginger Liquid Perfume
Lemon Days And Ginger Beer Bath Bomb
Sex N The Shower Emotibomb



No comments

Post a Comment


UP