Recently

9 December 2014

Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar


They say that ignorance can sometimes be bliss, and in the case of this bubble bar, this truly was the case. When I initially began collecting Lush products, I would buy anything and everything. While I kept a record of their name and key ingredients, I never had the time or inclination to research each item before I put in my final bid. 

For this reason, it's wasn't until I went to use Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar that I realised it shared it's scent with the wonderful Creme Anglais range. As I had recently used up an old Glorious Mud Body Mask, I thought it only fitting that I rekindle my love with this rich scent and bathe in it's glory. 

Released as a limited edition Christmas product in 2011, this bubble bar encompasses vanilla, sweet orange oil and myrrh resin in a unique and very sophisticated fragrance. Despite it's vanilla-dominated aroma, it's unlike anything in the Vanillary range - instead offering a richer, deeper and more exotic experience.  

As with most of Lush's bubble bars, you only need to use part of this to produce a bath with an abundance of bubbles. Three Gold Rings also contains soya milk, which helps to soften the water even further so a third of this product will give you the desired bathing experience. While I didn't believe that the inclusion of soya milk could make much of a difference, I was gladly proven wrong. 

To use any of Lush's bubble bars, you can either crumble it under running water, or as I sometimes do; hold it directly under the flow of the tap, which I find creates just as many bubbles. As soon as the water hits the bar, lots of bubbles start to form and disperse throughout the tub, creating mounds of beautiful, soft foam and turning the water a beautiful light purple colour. 
I found that this bar transforms the water into a velvety-soft haven, and with the colour of the water turning a wonderful bronze colour, you really feel like you're bathing in gold. This is product that guarantees a luxurious, relaxing and highly sumptuous bath and I must warn you that you may find it difficult to leave it once you're in.

In the tub, the beautiful scent of fresh oranges and musky vanilla intensify and linger in and around the bath. The warm gold water encases you in a sea of silk and the gentle sprinkling of golden lustre sparkles on the surface without covering you in glitter. The whole experience is one of luxury and is a perfect reward after a long, hard day at work. 
I thoroughly enjoyed Three Gold Rings and had a hard time dragging myself out of the bath afterwards. While some products don't moisturise your skin enough to warrant you leaving off body lotion, this one left me feeling beautifully smooth and my skin retained a natural shine for the entire day and into the night. 

Lush claims that this bubble bar creates 'a bath of bling, for days when what you need most is a bit of luxury and a sense that all is well with the world.' This is a perfect description as I couldn't have felt more at ease and relaxed after this experience. 

I'm a little confused and disappointed that this bubble bar hasn't been brought out for the last couple of Christmases. I find it difficult to believe that this wasn't a popular seller, and now with Creme Anglais having been discontinued, this is a perfect opportunity to give fans of the scent a chance to enjoy it again. I really hope that Lush bring this out this Christmas as I badly want to stock up on this bubble bar. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Golden Lustre, Myrrh Resinoid, Soya Milk Powder, Sweet Orange Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Limonene, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:
Bubblegrub Bubbleroon
Creme Anglais Body Lotion
Glorious Mud Body Mask
Pot O' Gold Shower Jelly
Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar



1 comment

  1. This is a magical jelly. Almost out, I need more, but in a shower cream version.

    ReplyDelete


UP