Recently

21 December 2014

The Comforter FUN Bar


Despite being a huge fan of The Comforter scent family, I don't normally get all that excited about a new product coming out with the same fragrance. It seems that after a few years of being heavily into Lush, I have discovered that there are some smells that are far more interesting and appealing than this classic. Yet even I found myself feeling a little giddy over the thought of a FUN bar with this scent, and I couldn't wait to try it out in the shower.

The Comforter FUN Bar is probably the most sought after of the five limited editions. While you have your Lord Of Misrule obsessives and your classic Jungle fans, there is something universally appealing about the blackcurrant goodness of this particular fragrance. Furthermore, the bubble bar of the same name is probably one of the first products that all new Lushies gravitate towards when they start their Lush journey, so it'll always be a popular choice for new and established fans. 

Presented as a spiral of both pink and white, this FUN bar reminds me very much of a candy cane. Yet the aroma that greets you upon opening the wrapper is far more appealing - especially for anyone who loves sweet and sugary aromas to sink their teeth into. 

Much like the shower gel and liquid perfume varieties, this product plays homage to the bubble bar, but doesn't pertain a smell as sugary or as powdery as this format. Instead, this bubble bar has a very sweet, almost acidic blackcurrant aroma that comes through. I'd say that it's more fruity than other formats and doesn't have that sherbet element that the bubble bar possesses. 

While it may be a little controversal to say so, the smell of The Comforter FUN Bar is rather one-dimensional, which would normally be a negative trait for me. However, those that have experienced this scent family will know that the smell is good enough to be simplistic without it losing any merits for being so. This is exactly what fans of The Comforter will be expecting so they'll not be disappointed.

As with any other FUN bar, you can use this in an array of different ways. Firstly, it can be used much like a bar of soap or a shower jelly - being rubbed across the body to clean and soften your skin. The Comforter, much like the Lord Misrule FUN Bar I used yesterday, was very easy to lather up and it left my skin feeling wonderfully smooth and soft. You only have to massage a small piece between your palms to create a mound of fluffy white and pink soap suds, and these can be applied to your skin much like you would use a shower gel. 

This bar produces a bright pink lather, which doesn't stain your body or the bath tub. However, it did make a bit of a mess while I was using it and I found that I had flicked pink splodges all over the tiles and the floor of my bathroom. I would recommend that you monitor how you use this so you don't end up with flecks of colour all over the ceiling - especially, if like me, you do it while you're a guest at someone else's home.  

Secondly, this product can be used in place of a bubble bar - held under a running tap to create a surplus amount of bubbles and a beautifully fragrant bath to enjoy. Again, this bar worked well in this way and I really enjoyed being able to bathe in the fragrance without using up one of my precious bubble bars or shower gels. I cut a slice that probably equated to a sixth of the bar and this gave me more than enough bubbles, so this works out cheaper than a regular bubble bar.

The Comforter turned the water into a shade of light pink and there was a generous amount of bubbles as well. Having said that, this is definitely not as effective as the original bubble bar and the water was not as soft or as moisturising either. Given that the bubble bar can be used across 3-4 baths anyway, I would recommend that you use this FUN bar in other ways and leave the original to do it's job.
Finally, it can be used instead of a shampoo - rubbed into the hair and scalp in the same way you would a normal solid shampoo. While I haven't had an opportunity to test this out, I can imagine it being just as effective as every other FUN bar, and will probably leave your hair smelling amazing.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this FUN bar and will try to make it last as long as possible. There is a part of me that actually prefers the smell of this to the shower gel variety - even though there's not that much difference between the two. While the company claim that these will not be released to purchase, I can imagine that the response they've had so far for this bar will make them rethink this decision in the near future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour (Zea mays), Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: Not Available for retail.


2 comments

  1. Hi, I won the second competition you ran, and I still haven't received an email, and I was just wondering when I could expect that. My email is stephensonq@gmail.com
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellos there! I thought perhaps you'd logged off the Internet and hadn't been checking your emails - I've sent three so far hehe! I'll send another one again when I get home tonight (about 7pm UK time) - check your spam as well :)

    ReplyDelete


UP