Recently

17 December 2014

Santa's Sack Bubble Bar

Christmas 2012 was the first year I was heavily involved in Lush's seasonal range, and Santa's Sack was one of the company's new bubble bars that first made it's appearance that year. Unfortunately, it only made a fleeting visit and hasn't returned since, although I was clever enough to stock up with a handful of them to see me through until now. Today I decided to use up my last one and it was a thoroughly wonderful experience.

Santa's Sack Bubble Bar is a unique looking product - I wouldn't describe it as being particularly gorgeous, but it definitely catches your eye and entices you in. It's constructed to look like the very name it's been graced with - a large sack filled to the brim with presents and decorated with a piece of golden string. Straight away, I saw it's potential as a fun stocking filler for Lush fans across the globe, and would also be a fantastic gift for anyone wanting to convert non-fans to the company.
When I first tried this bar, I treated it just like all of the other bubble bars I have  used - breaking it into 2-3 nice sized pieces and crumbling each chunk under the water to produce an array of gorgeous bubbles. The video accompanying this review demonstrates me doing just this. 

However, after a little research, I realised that the bubble bar is supposed to be used in a slightly different way from the normal Lush bars. The parcels are actually reusable bubble bars and can be removed and used by themselves to create their own lavish bathing experiences. Each parcel offers a wonderfully soft and sensual bath, where the remaining bubble bar can be broken into pieces and used as well. In this way, you can actually get five separate baths from just one bubble bar, making it fantastic value for money. 

What first attracted me to Santa's Sack is the wonderful aroma that it gives off. Made from an array of beautiful ingredients - tonka, neroli and tagetes oil, this bubble bar makes for an interesting and unique experience. Lush claim that the product is designed to smell like coca cola - which it does, but there is a slight sweetness to it which reminds me more of cola laces than the popular drink. What I love about this bar is that, although I love Christmas Kisses and Hot Toddy, this makes a lovely change when you don't fancy being cocooned with the overpowering smell of cinnamon.

The bubble bar is very easy to crumble and it didn't take long for the bath to fill up with soft, fruity bubbles. The bar turns the water a beautiful deep orangey/red colour, which only makes it more warming during the colder evenings. I found that the reusable parcels didn't produce as many bubbles as the sack part, so I opted to crumble a little piece of the parcel alongside some of the red sack. 

Even two years after buying this bubble bar, the scent was still very prominent in the bath and it remained throughout the entirety of the experience. The bath water was really silky-soft and moisturised my skin wonderfully. I left the bath smelling delicious and feeling thoroughly uplifted - wishing I had a few more of these to see me through the winter months.
Overall, Santa's Sack Bubble Bar is a lovely accompaniment in any bath. It's great value for money; offering a delicious scent that would appeal to most people. It cleans and nourishes your skin and leaves you smelling good enough to eat. I say, bring this bubble bar back Lush!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Carbonate, Lauryl Betaine, Glycerine, Perfume, Tonka Absolute, Neroli Oil, Tagetes Oil, Cocamide DEA, Cinnamal, Citral, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene, Gardenia Extract, Colour 14700, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.95 each.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP