Recently

13 November 2014

Egg Hunt Soap



When this soap was first announced as a new edition to the Easter 2013 range, I couldn't wait to get hold of a piece and try it out for myself. As soaps go, this is definitely one of the most beautiful offerings I have seen from Lush, although you need to witness what an entire block looks like to understand what I mean. Before it has been cut into saleable chunks, Egg Hunt Soap is designed to look like a field full of multi-coloured eggs; it's truly gorgeous and very fitting for spring. 

Sharing it's scent with the Mumkin Bubble Bar, this sweet and fruity offering is perhaps one of my favourite smelling soaps to date. On first sniff, I was able to pick up three separate layers of scent; a natural-smelling part that I associate with fresh grass or wheatgrass. This is intertwined with notes of raspberry, orange and lemon to produce an uplifting and fruity fragrance. Then for depth, the whole aroma is dominated by the gentle but sultry smell of violets. 

Combined, this soap gives off an incredibly beautiful and very unique scent.
In it's favour, Egg Hunt showcases a much stronger and more defined smell than the Mumkin Bubble Bar, and I found that I was able to pick out the key notes when it's in this form. The fragrance is strong and very invigorating, without being too cloying, and lingers on your skin for the most part of a day. If Lush were to ever bring this out as a perfume or body lotion, I would no doubt have to sell every possession just to buy out their stock. 

In the shower, I found this soap to be very easy to use - lathering up without having to massage it for very long between the hands. It produces an almost fluorescent-coloured foam, which at first worried me that it would stain the edge of the bath, or indeed my skin. However, I discovered very quickly that this is not the case, and the green splodges washed away with ease. 
Unfortunately, I found Egg Hunt to be slightly drying on my skin, and I noticed that my hands were very taut after use. Although the foam felt lovely and smooth whilst it was being lathered onto my legs and arms, once the water had washed it away, my skin didn't feel very hydrated and I had to use The Olive Branch Shower Gel to revive these areas. After a few weeks of use, I didn't find that my skin accepted it at all and I had to stop using it and switch soaps.

Furthermore, I found that despite patting the soap dry after each use, my chunk was very quick to shrink and my 100g block halved in size in under two weeks. For this reason, it's definitely not one of the better value soaps. 

Overall, I will have to hold out for other products made with this scent and hope that Lush don't wait too long to do so. While I love the scent and design of Egg Hunt, it's just not a match for my skin, but that's not to say that I don't at least recognise the merits of this product. I would still recommend that you try it for yourself, if Lush ever choose to bring it back as, if it works well with your skin, you're definitely onto a winner.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 454`0,  Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Colour 15510, Colour 45350.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.45 for 100g.
2015 Price: £4.50 for 100g. 
2016 Price: £4.50 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2013. 

Scent Family:
Easter Egg Hunt Soap
Mumkin Bubble Bar

1 comment

  1. Oh my! This one sounds so delicious for my bath! Gonna keep this one my list to try if it's ever comes out lol. But when you said its drying your skins yikes need to keep that in mind as well lol

    ReplyDelete


UP