Recently

4 November 2014

Eau Roma Water Toner Water


Eau Roma Water is one of those products that I didn't immediately notice on the Lush website, simply because it's not one of the most interesting or the most dynamic. When you think of Lush, most people will envisage the mounds of colourful bath products, the array of intoxicating shower gels and the impressive collection of lotions, creams and cleansers. This product doesn't fit into any of those categories, and is perhaps aimed more at consumers with sensitive skin or those looking to improve the condition of their complexion. 

This product is described as a toner water, but what exactly is toner water? According to Lush, Eau Roma is one of three sprays that work as a sort of 'aromatherapy water to cherish your face'. It's described as a 'gentle tonic for everyday use that will help to hydrate the skin without causing it to overreact'

I'm lucky in the sense that my face, and indeed my skin in general, is rather forgiving, and it would take a lot for it to have an adverse reaction to something. The only negative aspect about my face would be the occasional outbreak of spots, which is down to diet as opposed to an unbalanced complexion. However, I was rather intrigued to find out if using something like this regularly, would in any way improve the overall look and feel of my skin. 

Much like many of Lush's products, this toner water can be used in a number of ways. It's main purpose is to act as a quick way of cleansing your face of dirt. Simply spritz directly onto your face and then wipe off with a cotton pad, or spray the cotton pad first and use this to apply it to your face. Either way, the liquid is supposed to clear unwanted dirt build up, as well as remove make up and leave your skin looking and feeling clean.

You can also use Eau Roma as a sort of refreshing wake-up spray, when tiredness and weariness have taken hold of you. Especially if you're someone who works in a stuffy, over-heated environment, this spray can be used to revitalise your senses and hydrate your face throughout the day. 

With the smallest collection of ingredients I have ever seen for a Lush product, this toner water contains only essential elements to make it effective at it's job. Lavender and rose water not only make this a perfect combination for irritated and sensitive skin, but they also help to calm the skin and maintain balance, whilst hydrating and soothing the pores. 

I tend to use this product after I've gotten out of the shower, spraying it directly onto my face to remove any build up that has been left from my cleanser. I then apply my facial moisturiser on top of this and my face remains smooth and gentle for the rest of the day. I also use this sometimes to remove stubborn make-up stains below my eyes, and I find this is a really effective way of doing it. 

The best thing about Eau Roma Water is that is possesses a gentle rose-scent, which lingers on the skin for a while after use, and leaves you feeling really invigorated and clean. The addition of the rose water also gives this toner water astringent qualities, which support even skin tone as well as clearing the pores. 

Overall, I was not expecting much from something that I just assumed would be glorified water. However, it does make a difference and is very gentle on the skin whilst it's being used. Although I haven't tested it out by using it throughout the day, I have noticed that my skin seems much smoother and more vibrant since I have begun using it regularly. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Lavender Water, Rose Water, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

3 comments

  1. When are you posting the review of pink fun?xx:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I am so sorry for the delay. I ordered some more pink FUN so I could take some pictures to include with my review and there was no one in when the postal service tried to deliver the package. I'm going to have to wait until Saturday to pick it up myself so I'll ensure I have the review published then :)

      Delete
  2. Okay thank you!!xx:-)

    ReplyDelete


UP