Recently

17 September 2014

Ring Of Roses Soap



When I heard that Lush were bringing this back out in the kitchen, my first thought was - will it be the solid soap format or the buttercream? At first I was hoping for the latter, as my experience of this was somewhat thwarted by the really old sample I managed to acquire some years ago. However, given the wonderful array of soap that Lush have brought out recently, my mind quickly averted into hoping it was the solid format. As it happened, my wish came true.

Ring Of Roses Soap is a beautiful crisp pink colour with streaks of white etched throughout each chunk. Sharing it's scent with the similarly named Ring Of Roses Buttercream and the popular Amandopondo Bubble Bar, this sweet and gentle floral soap is a feast for the senses. 

Too often Lush rely on the consumer's love of rose-scented products to bring you items that either rehash the Rose Jam scent or offer other boring rose-infused cosmetics. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Rose Jam and I can't fault any cosmetic that smells as such. But there's only so many products that can come out with the same scent before you begin to lose interest.

What is great about this soap is that it offers a fruity, citrus scent with just the subtlest hint of rose - enough to warrant me mentioning it, but not enough to dominate the overall smell. You only have to remove your chunk of soap from the packet to get the wonderful aroma of sweet oranges and lemons - it's a really zesty, almost sour fragrance - a smell I was not expecting at all, given it's name. 

Underneath this is the rose, which rather than being a powdery dried rose smell, is more of a sweet Turkish Delight aroma. I'd definitely say that this is more of a feminine smell but don't let that put you off trying it. While it's a rather strong smell, it's not potent enough to take away from the gentle, creamy nature of the scent combination, and I was impressed to see that it continued to smell as strongly in the shower, without begin too overpowering on the user. 

In the shower, it lathers up very easily - producing wonderfully thick and creamy suds that glide over your body with ease. While it wasn't particularly nourishing on my skin, it didn't dry it out or leave it feeling parched like other soaps have done in the past. In it's favour, it did leave a gentle smell on my skin and I loved the fact that I woke up smelling it on my pillow the next day. 
Despite it's generosity with the lather it produces, it doesn't shrink as quickly as I was expecting and I can see a 100g bar lasting a good month - even with daily usage. While this isn't the greatest soap I have used, it was a lovely alternative to the other floral soaps I have tried recently. I think this would work really well as a shower gel and I only hope that Lush bring out other same-scented products for fans to try. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Larkspur, Honeysuckle, Marigold and Cornflower Inf, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocoa Butter, Perfume,Evening Primrose Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Lemon Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil,Rose Absolute, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.95 for 100g. 
2017 Price: £4.75 for 100g. 

Scent Family:
Amandopondo Bubble Bar
Amandopondo Perfume
Amandopondo Soap
Ring of Roses Buttercream
Ring Of Roses Soap 
Rose Bubble Bar (Mother's Day 2014)

No comments

Post a Comment


UP