Recently

12 August 2014

You've Been Mangoed Luxury Bath Melt



I've been meaning to try out this bath melt for so long now. So long in fact, that when I came to use the 'fresh' You've Been Mangoed that I purchased back in September 2012, I found that it had turned completely white and had the fragrant properties of a piece of plastic! I felt deeply ashamed that I had left it there for so long without testing it out. 

In all fairness, Lush's bath melts are the one bath product that I tend to forget I have, aside from the Melting Snowman. Whenever I want a bath, I'm always filled with excitement over what ballistic is going to rule my bath tub, or which bubble bar is going to fill my bath tub with luxurious foamy bubbles. It's rare that I ever consider popping one of these highly-moisturising chunks in alongside my favourite ballistic. That is until I finally tried You've Been Mangoed - I'm now officially hooked. 

For starters, You've Been Mangoed smells nothing like mango. Instead it possesses a strong citrus, almost sour zesty scent. This is not surprising as Lush have packed it full of lemon, lime and lemongrass to give it that sweet fragrance whilst packing it with enough oils to soften and moisturise your skin.  

While we're on the subject of ingredients, this luxury bath melt also contains avocado, mango and cocoa butters, all rich in antioxidants which help to heal and condition skin; Mango butter softens the skin without leaving it greasy, helping to moisturise, lubricate and repair damaged skin without clogging the pores; avocado butter helps to rehydrate the skin, soothing the upper layers of skin and healing dry, cracked, ageing and peeling skin. Alongside cocoa butter, which soothes itchy and irritated skin, this luxury bath melt is a powerhouse of ingredients. 

When placed in hot water, the bath melt begins to melt slowly, dispersing essential oils across the surface and softening the water throughout. As you soak, these oils are moisturising and repairing your body, leaving your skin feeling velvety soft and refreshed. When you exit the bath,you can really feel how smooth and silky your skin is; I love the way that this melt makes my skin feel!

Priced at £3.25, this is definitely one of the more expensive bath products, given it's 30g weight. However, I tend to cut the bar in half and use it for two different baths, throwing it in the tub alongside one of my favourite bath bombs (Dragon's Egg, Avobath) so that I get a luxuriously soft and colourful experience at the same time. 
Lush describe You've Been Mangoed as a 'gorgeous way to wake up and replenish the skin: the bright citrus fragrance of lemongrass, lime and lemon oils lifts the mood, while its mix of cocoa, avocado and mango butters are a rich treat for the skin.' I couldn't agree more. This is a bath melt that rehydrates, softens and moisturises the skin, leaving you feeling invigorated and beautiful. I'll definitely be buying this again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Laureth 4, Almond Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Avocado Butter, Mango Butter, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Paprika Extract.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.35 each.
2015 Price: 

Scent Family:
You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt
You've Been Mangoed Bath Oil





1 comment

  1. Do you still sell this as i love it and used to get it all the time?

    ReplyDelete


UP