Recently

21 June 2014

Geo-Phyzz Bath Bomb


Geo-Phyzz is supposed to represent a luxury spa treatment wrapped up in a ballistic, which sounds promising from the get-go. Lush describe this product as their 'little salt-of-the-earth' bath bomb, and 'salty' it definitely is. Containing both coarse and Hawaiian sea salt, this is a ballistic intent on purifying your pores!

Alongside this mineral-rich condiment, Lush have included a list of exquisite ingredients to make this bath bomb magical; Siberian pine oil, sandalwood and cypress oils have all been combined to moisturise your skin and detoxify the body and mind. Furthermore, seaweed has been thrown in for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C and E, which is great for those with sensitive skin.

This is definitely one of Lush's more natural, earthy scented ballistics. I didn't even have to unwrap this product before I could detect a strong note of pine - it smells exactly like the aroma you get from a Christmas tree - that dry, earthy and very comforting smell that follows you around the room. Alongside this, you can pick out a very distinctive thread of menthol which is due to the addition of cypress oil. This oil is an antiseptic and has a very clean scent - it smells very much like the Vicks Vapour rub you use to clear blocked noses. Both fragrances give Geo-Phyzz that really refreshing quality which, when dissolved in the bath, helps to relax your mind whilst refreshing your senses at the same time. 

When I first experienced this ballistic, I had only managed to acquire a couple of old ones and the bath bombs immediately sunk to the bottom of the tub and turned the water a murky grey colour. I was hoping that a new one might offer me a better experience - fizzing on the surface like you would expect from a fresh product. However, my Geo-Phyzz plummeted to the bottom of the tub and pretty much collapsed into a green mess.

In reflection, this bath bomb is the heaviest one I have ever purchased from Lush, and this is no doubt due to the high percentage of sea salt that is present here. When I supported the product above the water, it fizzed like a normal ballistic and turned the water a relaxing green colour. However, on it's own, it tends to sink immediately and accumulates as a pile of salt at the bottom of the tub. 

As there is so much salt present, some will dissolve on it's own whereas most of it will collect at the bottom of your bath. I only had to run my fingers along the bottom to realise how much salt this ballistic heeds, and it is important to note that you should swish the water around and help the salt to dissolve before climbing in the bath. Getting into the tub before doing so will probably end in you getting an uncomfortable and perhaps rather painful experience of sitting on coarse pieces of salt. 

As Geo-Phyzz is probably made up of 80% salt, it does take a while to fully dissolve in the water. I would suggest waiting until most of it has dispersed into the water before climbing in as again, I'm sure you don't want to accidentally sit on a ball of solid salt. What is impressive about this product is that the strong scent remains with you throughout your entire bathing experience, which really helps to clear your sinuses if like me, you're suffering from a cold.

When I exited the bath, I found that my skin felt cleansed, although there was nothing spectacular about this. I didn't feel anything more than what I would expect from any other Lush bathing product. Furthermore, there was no scent left on my body and I still had to moisturise as usual. In all honesty, I found this bath bomb to be pretty unspectacular, and it would have probably had more of an impact on my skin (and mood), if there had been more of 'it' in the tub.

Geo-Phyzz was created to aid relaxation for those who need relief from achy and overworked muscles. While it did revitalise my senses and make me feel calmer after the experience, it didn't do anything amazing. For this reason, it's not one I have an interest in buying again; I'd much rather have a Big Blue which I feel would do the job better.

Quantitative Ingredients: Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Hawaiian Sea Salt, Perfume, Cypress Oil, Pine Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Seaweed Absolute, *Limonene, *Linalool, Gardenia Extract, Colour 42053.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:
Baby Turtle Jelly Bomb
Geo Phyzz Bath Bomb

Mama Turtle Jelly Bomb




1 comment

  1. Geo Phyzz + Mind Cleanser Bubble Stone = a wonderful lime margarita cocktail bath! :D

    ReplyDelete


UP