Recently

10 June 2014

Cosmic Dreamcatcher Massage Bar


I've been wanting to get my hands on this massage bar for a very long time - it's one of those items that always seems to find its way into conversations, and going by the description alone, it makes for a very unique and interesting sounding product.

Cosmic Dreamcatcher is an age old favourite for many Lushies; first appearing over ten years ago and making fleeting visits throughout the years. Possessing a mystical herbal scent with elements of fruit, spice and incense, this fragrance is rather difficult to explain. But I shall try my best.

Upon opening the wrapper, it was apparent that the combination of thyme and sage present in the ingredients list, act as the main note of the massage bar. It reminded me a little of dried grass - that savoury element that would appeal to fans of products such as Tramp Shower Gel.

Behind this, the vetivert and olibanum oils give the aroma a smokey backdrop, which compliments the savoury aspect of the smell and helps to pad out the overall fragrance. The addition of fresh mango helps to give a subtle but pleasant sweetness that intertwines throughout the scent and brings it all together nicely.  

Together, these ingredients give Cosmic Dreamcatcher a very interesting scent that will appeal to those who like earthy, woody scents. Fans of the Breath of God line will no doubt be all over this like a rash. I would warn you however,  that it's one of those products that would be an acquired taste. I cannot say that I fell in love with the smell immediately, but I did grow to appreciate it more with every use.

What I did noticed immediately upon taking this bar out of it's wrapper, is that it's extremely delicate and begins to melt the second it touches your skin. In fact, it's easily the greasiest massage bar I have ever tried from Lush. For this reason, I would recommend that you try to handle it as little as possible. Whereas normally I would recommend that you apply this directly onto the body and then use your hands to lather it across the skin, Cosmic Dreamcatcher works better when the oil is collected in the palm of your hand and then smoothed across the area of your choice. 

It does leave your skin rather greasy and shiny for a good twenty minutes after application, so I would recommend that you use this when you have time to let your body absorb the oils. I found that once the various butters and oils had dispersed, I was left with wonderfully soft and lightly fragranced skin. This effect lasted for the most part of the day and I could still smell elements of the frankincense (olibanum) some eight hours after I had initially applied the bar. 

Combined to aide relaxation and balance your spiritual energies, this bar definitely calms the skin and works in harmony with your body to de-stress and de-clutter your mind. Although I wouldn't claim it's one of my favourites, it definitely offers the consumer something a little different, and does work wonderfully as a 'before bed' treat. 

It's not one that I would rush out to buy again, but I have enjoyed using this over the last few days, and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to try it. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fresh Mango, Perfume, Vetivert Oil, Olibanum Oil, White Thyme Oil, Sage Oil, Paprika Extract, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £9 each.
2017 Price: £9.25 each.


1 comment

  1. After reading this, I'm really disappointed I didn't grab this from the Kitchen when I had the chance! This was in stock when I first discovered the Kitchen, and before I found your blog, and after going back and forth on it for a couple days I decided not to get it because I saw a few negative reviews on the website saying it was too smokey and "ashtray" smelling, but the way you've described it sounds beautiful. I really hope I come across it again soon so I can finally try it out!

    http://fortheloveoflush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


UP