Recently

23 November 2013

Ruby Red Slippers Bubble Bar


Ruby Red Slippers is a bubble bar that first came out as part of the Christmas 2005 range and shares the same scent as one of Lush's body moisturisers, Potion. To look at, it's rather beautiful; a deep ruby red slab, covered in decadent sparkly glitter. It's the same size and shape as the Sunnyside bubble bar and can be easily halved and used to create two luxurious baths. 

The four ingredients that make up this scent are rose, tangerine, carnation and geranium, although I think the rose and carnation make the most appearance here. These ingredients not only help to create a beautiful, feminine smelling bubble bar, but also one that can soothe and help to heal sensitive skin. The tangerine adds a wonderful fruity element to it's scent and gives it a unique spicy, floral smell that is unlike anything I have smelt before. Although not as potent as Potion, it still smells wonderful.

Named after the iconic shoes in 'The Wizard of Oz', I was expecting big things from this bubble bar. I was not disappointed. As with most bubble bars, I tend to crumble them under the tap and this helps me to produce the most amount of bubbles. When I did this with half of a Ruby Red Slippers bubble bar, I was very surprised to see a surplus amount of bubbles building up in my bath tub. To date, I don't think I've used any other bubble bar that has produced this many. 

Secondly, the bubble bar turned my water a beautiful shade of scarlet red, which although hidden underneath the layers of bubbles, stayed vibrant until the very end. This just made the experience even more magical for me and I really felt like royalty whilst I was bathing.  

The addition of red glitter, which I was worried about in the beginning, only intensified the bathing experience. The glitter tends to immerse itself amongst the bubbles while some floats beautifully on top of the bath water. However, all of it washed away easily when I pulled the plug and I didn't have to clean up afterwards.

Unfortunately, one of the aspects I dislike about Ruby Red Slippers is that it tends to 'age' quite quickly when being stored. This is not a problem for normal consumers, who just want to buy a couple of products to use throughout the week. However, collectors may wish to consider how they store these to maintain their vibrancy over time. 

My only other complaint would be that the scent isn't as strong on the skin as I'd like it to be. As with a lot of Lush products, the scent is dispersed somewhat when dissolved. However, this was quickly rectified by smothering my body in Potion lotion after the experience. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Carnation Absolute (Dianthus caryophyllus), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Red Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate).* Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
Almond Kisses Facial Moisturiser 
Holiday Bubble Bar
Potion Body Lotion
Potion Liquid Perfume
Ruby Red Slippers Bubble Bar
Santa Monica Ballistic 
Sparkling Red Slippers Bubble Bar






3 comments

  1. The Body Shop have just launched a new UK range called 'Smoky Poppy' - i struggled to place what it reminded me of, then realised it's smells just like Ruby Red Slippers / Potion! Good for those missing the Lush products while they're not in the shops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh - thank you for the heads up! This sounds lovely - I keep sniffing my potion and hoping they bring this back soon so this might be a great alternative while I'm waiting for that to happen :)

      Delete


UP