Recently

13 November 2013

Red FUN


The Lush FUN line consists of five different coloured bars, each with a different unique scent. You have Pink FUN, which is a fruity candy smell, Yellow FUN, which has a vanilla scent, Red FUN, which is mandarin and orange, Green FUN, which possesses a lemon and lime scent, and Blue FUN, which offers a lavender scent.

Wrapped in a biodegradable wrapper, FUN encompasses everything I love about Lush;

1. It's completely ecologically friendly.
2. It's incredibly versatile and can be used as a shampoo, shower gel or bubble bar.
3. It's incredibly good value for money.
4. It comes in five beautiful and completely unique scents.
5. It encourages your inner child to indulge itself as you can actually play with FUN, much like you would plasticine.

Having tried the Yellow and Blue varieties, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Red FUN for what I thought would be a mandarin and orange induced coma. I cannot deny that the smell is very intoxicating; a sweet, summery concoction that would complement anything Karma related.
Despite my initial pleasure, I was a little disappointed that the smell was rather weak in comparison to the other FUN bars. I also found that this bar was slightly harder than it's yellow and blue counterparts, although this could be down to that particular batch or even how it was stored in the shop.

As with all of the FUN bars, I like to use mine as a replacement for more expensive bath ballistics when I'm after a short bath as opposed to a longer soak. So I pulled off a generous sized chunk and crumbled it under the running tap. Immediately my bath tub began to fill with fluffy, zesty bubbles and the water merged into a beautiful shade of red. These bubbles stayed throughout the whole bathing experience and left my skin feeling really smooth and silky soft. Unfortunately, the scent was undetectable after it had fully dissolved and I had to add in extra shower gel to top up the smell.
A single £5 bar will easily give me 4-5 baths, although in this case, I wouldn't use Red FUN without the addition of a bath ballistic or similar smelling shower gel to maintain the scent. It definitely has the capacity to give you a bubble-tastic bathing experience. Unfortunately, it's magic powers don't reach any further than this so it may be worth using it as a bubble bar alongside a second product.

At £5 a pop, though, some may say this a rather expensive alternative to shower gel, particularly if you've bought it for your children to play with during bath time. Firstly, if you use it as an ingredient in your bath concoctions, it's definitely value for money. Secondly, despite only trying it once, this bar does lather up quite nicely when used as a shower gel, so when used sparingly, it might very well out-last any bottle of shower gel you throw at it (not literally, of course!).
While it's definitely a fun, novel product, with all of the right ethical factors in place, I'm not sure it's something that'll end up being a regular fixture in my bathroom. Whereas the yellow FUN offered something unique in it's smell, I'd much rather use The Brightside or Karma Bubble Bars to get much better results in place of the Red FUN

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Orange Oil, Mandarin Oil, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes



No comments

Post a Comment


UP