Recently

11 August 2013

Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb





This is easily the best named product in Lush's history. There is nothing that excites or interests me more in terms of mythology than that of the phoenix. An conspicuous creature that can regenerate itself to maintain it's health. In fact, I love the symbology of the phoenix so much, that I have one etched in permanent ink across my left forearm. If it's good enough for Dumbledore, it's good enough for me.


So it may come as a surprise to some of you, to learn that I have been in receipt of a Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb for nearly a year now. And it was only last week that I finally ventured into trying it. A part of me had been savouring this moment because I knew it would harvest a full-on obsession with the bomb. There was also a little part of me that feared I would dislike this product. I had nothing to fear. 

Phoenix Rising is probably one of Lush's most beautiful products. With a rich byzantium shade of purple, decorated with a splash of gold lustre, and topped with a fresh cinnamon stick, it already earns full marks for its look. 


To use, simply run a lovely hot bath, swirl the water around, then pop the ballistic in. As the water splashes on the bomb and it begins to dissolve, the water turns a stunning shade of deep purple, with elements of green towards the end.


The scent is very strong with this ballistic, which is why I love it so much. It's not a fragrance that dims over time, lingering on your skin and hair for hours after use. To me, it's a very Christmassy scent and would have fit in well with the Christmas range. But that's not say I wish it was a seasonal product! In fact, this product strangely seems appealing all year round. I first used it when the sun was shining outside, and it didn't feel out of place at all.

Phoenix Rising gently releases shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil to leave your skin feather-soft. It contains cocoa butter and jojoba oil, to leave your skin really soft and smooth. You shouldn't even need to moisturise after getting out of the tub, although I always do so out of habit. Packed with exotic essential oils of fruit and spices, this bath bomb's fragrance is reminiscent of spiced rum and christmas pudding.

This is perfect for fans of the Cinders Bath Bomb, or anyone that has a particular love of cinnamon. It happens to be my favourite scent, which is why I love this product so much. I just hope, unlike The Enchanter, that Lush don't choose to discontinue this product, as it is now my current favourite bath bomb of theirs.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Icing Sugar, Cocoa Butter, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Bergamot Oil, Cassia Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 77891, Colour 77510, Frosty Holly Lustre, Gold Lustre, Cinnamon Sticks.

Vegan?: Yes


2015 Price: £3.35 each.

2016 Price: £4.50 each.
2017 Price: £4.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: ?









2 comments

  1. I just discovered this product and I fell IN LOVE with it. I am very sad Lush will be discontinuing this product. I will be going to by at least 8 of these before they pull it from the shelf at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would want sunny side and this one so far if this dont show my site so u can answer me my e mail is mrstlw09@aol.com

    ReplyDelete


UP