Recently

9 July 2013

B-Electro Shower Gel


A few years ago, I was lucky enough to be given an opportunity to make a rather large Lush order from their Australian website. While there were a few goodies that I ended up purchasing, the main purpose of the expenditure was to stock up on their limited edition, B-Electro Shower Gel. Having heard so much about this product, to say that I was excited about the arrival of my order would have been an understatement.

Lush B Electro Shower Gel is described as being a zingy grapefruit shower gel injected with subtle floral notes and a dash of fennel for an invigorating shower experience. Not only this, but I happen to think that it is one of the coolest looking Lush shower gel to date; an electric, fluorescent green colour that doesn't disappear and dampen when used in the shower. You are literally smearing your body with a gel that resembles liquid cryptonite!

Luckily, this shower gel didn't zap me of my powers as it would have done for superman, although I wasn't too keen on the scent at first as I found it a little too 'soapy' smelling for my liking. However, after using it daily for a little over a month, I became accustomed to its unique scent and grew to appreciate it a lot more. Some years later, my love for this fragrance as increased tenfold, and I now appreciate the delicate and very unique aroma that accompanies this gel.

Firstly, the grapefruit oil is definitely the most prominent scent here - offering a refreshing and very citrusy note that has a very slight sour element to it. Alongside this is the rose water - a powdery, naturally-sweet flowery smell that intertwines with the fennel oil to give the shower gel mild spicy undertones that make it unlike anything else that Lush have ever released. It really is one of those products that need to be experienced to understand how unique it is - there's no other Lush product quite like it.


While I'd say that this sits slightly more on the  masculine side, this is by no means exclusive to male consumers. In fact, this is one of those aromas that is hard to pigeon hole into a category because it is so different from anything else to become before it. If you enjoy either  floral or citrus aromas, you'll probably appreciate this unique take on both scent families.

However, there is also a side to me that can see why fans of both aromas might dislike this. If you're expecting a straightforward scent, you'll be sorely disappointed. This shower gel is definitely a multi-layered experience - one that comes undone in the shower and allows the user to detect the different elements while they intensify with the heat.   

Although B-Electro is not the thickest shower gel to come from Lush, it's definitely not on the thin side either. I would compare its consistency to the likes of Happy Hippy - with it being a little runnier and easier to pour from the bottle. 


Furthermore, it lathers up really nicely so you only need to use a minimal amount each time. It produces a light, foam that coats the skin with ease and leaves a gentle aroma to enjoy after you've exited the bathroom. While you can use it  on both your body or your hair, and I can imagine the wonder aroma that it'll leave on your locks afterwards, I have yet to establish whether or not it works as an effective shampoo. 

Having said this, it leaves your skin wonderfully soft and nourished and permeates your skin with it's wonderful scent - everything you could want from a shower gel, and more. Although I now have enough stock to see me through a good year, I would definitely consider buying a few more bottles if Lush were to bring this back in the future. A wonderful shower gel that cleans, softens and leaves you ready for action. 

Quantitive Ingredients: Fresh Rose Petals, Water (Aqua), Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Fine Sea Salt, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Grapefruit Oil, Fennel Oil, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Tincture of Benzoin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 59040, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.


Vegan?: Yes


2015 Price: £11 for 240g.


2017 Price: £11.50 for 240g.


Scent Family:
B Electro Shower Gel
B Scent Liquid Perfume
Divine Whale Soap

2 comments

  1. Oooo neat! I was actually interested in doing an order from AU's site, with their Xmas in July going on right now- so you have to contact them to figure out S&H?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - when I ordered from this site, I had to email and ask them if I could do so. They then took my order through email, told me shipping prices and I paid through there. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete


UP