Recently

19 May 2013

Avobath Bomb


Aside from the Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb, Avobath was the other Lush product that I have been desperate to try for a while. Avocados have been my favourite food since as far back as I can remember, and green has been my favourite colour for even longer than that. 

This bath bomb has a very strong lemongrass-bergamot scent (with rosewood oil and gardenia extract, too) which gives it a sophisticated citrusy scent. It also contains real mashed up avocado and olive oil, meaning it's a feast for those with dry skin, and even for those that just want a little bit more moisture without smearing their bodies with synthetic creams. 

The scent is uplifting and delicious, and perfect on a crisp summer evening when your skin needs that wake-up call. I loved how the fragrance remained with me throughout the entire bathing experience, and even lingered on my skin for the entirety of the evening.
On the positive side, it turns the bath water a beautiful shade of green which stays vibrant throughout the whole experience, and you also get minute flecks of gold glitter on the surface, which adds sparkle without covering you or the tub in 'annoying residue'. When you drain the bath afterwards, you won't find any of the lustre left behind.

It did make my skin feel refreshed and hydrated, and the crisp citrus fragrance was very uplifting; I found that I my senses perked up somewhat after using this ballistic. At first, I thought that it's scent was very similar to my other favourite, the Dragon's Egg. However, once this bath bomb was fizzing away in the tub, I realised that this is a lot more citrusy and fresh smelling; there's a slight sourness here that sets it apart from most other bath products. 

Overall, it was a unique experience, and one that I'll use regularly to cleanse my mind after a stressful day. I would recommend that you buy this bath bomb fresh, as when compared to one that's a few months old, the difference in scent is astonishing - the older ballistic had next to no smell left and produced a mediocre bathing experience.
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fresh Organic Avocado, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Bergamot Oil, Rosewood Oil, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Lustre Holly Sparkle.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £3.35 each.
2017 Price: £3.50 each.

Scent Family:
Avobath Ballistic
Avojelly Shower Jelly
Avowash/Avoshower Shower Gel
Crackersnap Ballistic
Ghost In The Dark Soap
Luck Of The Irish Bath Bomb


1 comment


UP